contact us at: email@example.com
- November 2016 - we're back!
- 5th May - Post War Gallery Added.
- 3rd Mar - post war boats added to 'How Rare...' section.
- 29th Feb - update to SNAPPY restoration page.
- 18th Feb - link to Mclaren Subs added. Excellent!
- 16th Feb - SNAPPY update... the motor is out..
- 10th Feb - SNAPPY restoration blog started...!
- 29th Jan - Martin's Meteor
- 18th Nov - sneak preview of latest McLaren Sub!
- 14th Nov - the site gets dusted off for some updates!
- 22nd July - Norman's Speedboat story!
- 29th June - very early 12" hot air battleship added.
- 22nd June - METEOR now complete.
- 16th June - another METEOR update.
- 9th June - METEOR update.
- 5th June - Mclaren Clockwork Submarine added.
-29th May - 'Ranger' (METEOR project) has arrived.
- 19th May - simple box restoration.
- 16th May - Peter's Speedboat page added.
- 10th May - Chris's Battleship page added.
- 13th Mar - For sale section updated.
- 5th Mar - 'Stuarts Commodore' added
- 27th Feb - Bluebird section updated
- 22nd Feb - Meteor section updated
- 30th Jan - Bluebird pages updated with new images
- 28th Jan - 12" hot air boat section added
- 22nd Jan - hot air boat intro section added
- 11th Jan - 16" hot air battleship section uploaded
- 2nd Jan - Meteor section updated.
- 1st Jan - Unda Wunda section updated .
- 29th Dec - new 'Swallow' image added.
- 28th Dec - New 16" twin coil battleship..
Welcome to the Sutcliffe Boat Museum
This site has been created to share our collection of Sutcliffe boats with the rest if the world, to document any information gathered whilst researching the boats and to chart the progress of some of the projects underway.
This site is dedicated to the products of Sutcliffe Pressings Limited; toy boats, from 1920, right through to 1984, when the factory finally closed its doors. If you are doing some research on a boat that you own, one you have seen, or perhaps one that you are thinking of buying, you have come to the right place, particularly if it's one of the older rarer boats.
Our collection focusses mainly on the early boats, from 1920 to 1950, but we do have some of the later boats which will soon be put on display.
We are keen to preserve as many of these wonderful old toys as possible, for generations to see and enjoy via this site. We also like to preserve the stories behind these boats too; see the section 'Boats with Stories'....
If you have any questions about our boats or yours, please do get in touch... we have lots of information and boats that have not yet made it to the site, so even if you can't find what you are looking for, we will almost certainly be able to help you.
Its been a very long time... a house move got in the way so the collection has a new home! The site has been very quiet, but there are quite a few new boats in the collection and there are also a restoration underway... I hope to start sharing that very soon.
A few boats made out of thier boxes to share some space in a cabinet - taster pic below...
John and Chris (father and son) - Dec 2016
1920 Single Coil Battleship. Find out what makes this extremely early boat different from all the others...
A brace of the extremely rare 8" hot air speedboats, circa 1922 - these boats are tiny, the smallest boat Sutcliffe ever made.
A beautiful 12" clockwork battleship, circa 1930 - this the boat that was later named Valiant.
Motor and battery box for the very rare 1930 24" Electric Speedboat